1. DICK’s Sporting Goods, Field & Stream announce opening in Cedar Park
The top story is a February piece about how DICK’s Sporting Goods and Field & Stream both opened stores inside The Parke shopping center in Cedar Park on March 3. This was the 677th Dick’s store and 29th Field & Stream store nationwide.
2. Cedar Park Chuy’s opens in The Parke
Another article about a new opening in The Parke shopping center takes second place. Austin-based Tex-Mex restaurant Chuy’s opened inside the Parke shopping center on Jan. 31, the same day the story was published.
3. Leander paves the way for tiny homes
In March, Leander City Council approved changes to the city’s building regulations to allow for tiny homes, and the story earned third place so far this year. Tiny homes are defined as a facility between 140 and 700 square feet.
4. Old, Nameless Road in Leander renamed
This story from May announced that Leander would change signs for roads Old FM 2243 or Nameless Road to Hero Way West. City staff determined that renaming the roadway Hero Way West would allow nearly all existing street address numbers to remain unchanged.
5. Texas utility commission approves route for LCRA Round Rock-Leander transmission line
An article about the Public Utility Commission of Texas’s approval of a route for transmission lines running from Round Rock to Cedar Park and Leander was published in May. The route will travel down Hero Way and run along Ronald Reagan Boulevard before hitting RM 1431.
6. AMC Theatres to open in former Regal Cinema location at Lakeline Mall
This January Impact said AMC Theatres is coming to Lakeline Mall in the fall. AMC plans to invest several million dollars to upgrade the 45,000-square-foot, nine-screen theater.
7. 10 things to look for in 2017 in Cedar Park and Leander
A look at the year ahead from January touched on real estate and population growth, annexations, park projects and public safety investments.
8. Residents to see change at Lime Creek Quarry in 2018
Last month’s article about Lime Creek Quarry announced that outbound commercial trucks will not be allowed to take left turns out of the quarry, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
9. Nordstrom Rack to open at The Parke shopping center
Another addition to The Parke shopping center, a Nordstrom Rack, opened in spring 2017. While the original article was posted in 2016, the story earned a spot as ninth most-viewed post in 2017.
10. 2017 Summer Camp Guide for Cedar Park and Leander
This noncomprehensive guide to local summer camps was published in March. It includes nearly 50 summer camps available at art schools, churches, day care centers and other facilities throughout Cedar Park, Leander and Austin.