The move will allow Marble Falls to expand its medical and surgical services, including orthopedics, ophthalmology and endocrinology, to better serve its Hill Country residents, according to a news release sent out June 4 by Baylor Scott & White Health.
"Effective July 31, Labor & Delivery (L&D) units at Lakeway and Marble Falls will combine into one unit at Lakeway, providing moms-to-be enhanced quality care by shifting our focus to a single nurturing location," the release states. "The last day for deliveries at Marble Falls will be July 28."
The release also states, due to low volumes of patients, the Lakeway facility is discontinuing its Level II neonatal intensive care services June 30 but will be moving forward with Level I nursery services.
"As L&D services expand at the hospital, we will continue to evaluate the growth of the program and services offered," the release states.
According to information from Baylor Scott & White Health, both medical centers will continue providing women’s services, including:
- outpatient prenatal care and childbirth classes for expectant mothers;
- outpatient postnatal care;
- gynecological care and related surgical services such as hysterectomy and other laparoscopic and minimally invasive procedures;
- women’s imaging, including mammography and bone density testing;
- breast cancer surgery and comprehensive treatment of breast disease; and
- treatment for endometriosis and urinary incontinence.