With the savings, the district’s school board approved a list of 16 projects that can be completed for about $7.2 million, Biesheuvel said. The projects will continue to align with the approved bond projects as they were presented, he added.
“These funds are now available to accomplish additional projects that are consistent with the bond programs as approved by [voters] and as approved by this board,” he said.
The savings are a result of design changes, cost competitive bids and unused contingencies, Biesheuvel said. He added that the approved projects will not exceed $7.255 million or available bond savings, whichever is less.
“We will be making monthly updates to this board, just to be transparent in this process, and to make sure that everyone is aware of costs that we're incurring compared to those projects or bond savings that are available,” Biesheuvel said. Projects include:
- Purchase one micro bus
- Purchase one semi-truck tractor to pull band trailers
- Replace basketball goals and hall doors in Georgetown High School gym
- Repair and repaint stucco at the GISD Athletic Complex
- Enclose library clerestory in Wagner Middle School
- Construct canopy outside of East View High School weight room
- Repair lockers in the GHS field house
- Replace audio equipment at the GISD Athletic Complex
- Replace turf at the EVHS football practice field and baseball field
- Purchase device locking/charging storage cars
- Replace lights with LED in campus parking lots, athletic field lights and EVHS competition gym
- Repave parking lots and drives at the GISD Athletic Complex, GHS baseball parking/band practice lot
- Construct practice putting green to serve both EVHS and GHS
- Construct warehouse addition
- Replace instruments in GISD fine arts programs
- Replace band uniforms at GHS and EVHS