Berry Springs Park and Preserve
Visitors can camp, hike, picnic and fish at Berry Springs Park and Preserve. There are 2.5 miles of hike and bike trails, a wildflower meadow with a bird viewing area, a playground and more. Pecan and oak trees dot the grounds, which are also home to two donkeys, Lil Bob and Pedro.
1801 CR 152
Blue Hole Park
This natural pool is bordered by limestone bluffs and is a popular spot for swimming and fishing. The park, near downtown, includes picnic tables, restrooms and trail connectivity. Free parking is available at the corner of Third and Rock streets in the parking lot.
100 Blue Hole Park
Cedar Breaks Park
The park is on the south side of Georgetown Lake and includes about 60 campsites open for reservations. Two group picnic shelters also can be rented. The 26-mile San Gabriel River Trail can be accessed via the park and hunting is available by permit for small game, to include doves, waterfowl, rabbits, squirrels and white tail deer.
2100 Cedar Breaks Road
The 525-acre park includes a playground, a splash pad, a dog park, an equestrian arena, fishing ponds, pavilions, picnic shelters, more than seven miles of hiking and equestrian trails, and an event facility available to rent. Seasonal events and programs are held throughout the year.
6450 RM 2243
Georgetown Public Library
In 2018, this library won the prestigious National Medal for Museum and Library Service. Its mission is to engage, enlighten and empower the community, according to its website. After exploring all the books and reading nooks, as well as local art displays, pop into Red Poppy Coffee Co.—a cafe inside the library—for refreshments.
402 W. Eighth St.
Numerous shopping and dining options make up many of the Victorian buildings that comprise the historic Georgetown Square. A self-guided walking tour of the square is available online. The Williamson County Courthouse sits at the center of the square and can be toured Fridays and Saturdays at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Inner Space Cavern
The cavern was discovered by highway crews in 1963 and opened to the public in 1966. Several cave tours that vary in intensity, length, physical demand and price are available. There is also a playground, a mining area, a gift shop and fossil displays of specimens found in the cave.
4200 S. I-35 Frontage Road
This brewery opened in 2015, and its beers are brewed with 100% renewable energy. The taproom and 5,000-square-foot biergarten is open Wednesday through Sunday, and food trucks are on-site Thursday through Saturday. Guests can also bring their own food or have it delivered.
2500 NE Inner Loop
The park located behind the Sheraton Hotel has basic amenities, such as restrooms, picnic tables and trail connectivity. There is a large treehouse playscape for kids, and fishing in the pond is allowed. An 18-hole disc golf course is also accessible from the park. A pavilion that can hold about 30 people is available for half- and full-day rentals.
1125 Woodlawn Ave.
San Gabriel Park
The 180-acre park has walking and biking trail connectivity; pavilions; picnic tables; a playground; soccer, football, lacrosse, and baseball fields; and more. It also serves as a space for concerts and festivals. A master plan for park improvements consisting of four phases was approved by City Council in June 2015; Phase II was completed at the end of 2019. For Phase III, planned elements include one large, multiuse performance pavilion, a splash pad plaza, three shade shelters, a new restroom building and a lighted skate park.
445 E. Morrow St.
This private liberal arts college, chartered by the Republic of Texas in 1840, is the oldest university in Texas. The 2019 fall class welcomed 1,511 students. Stroll the more than 700 acres and take in the historic architecture, grassy lawns, community gardens and more. Many events and performances throughout the year are open to the public.
1001 E. University Ave.
The Williamson Museum
The county museum offers permanent and rotating exhibits, tours and events. The nonprofit's mission is to promote the culture and heritage of Williamson County through education, preservation, acquisition and exhibition, according to its website.
716 S. Austin Ave.