Top 10 Georgetown non-coronavirus stories of 2020
[email protected] is a mixed-use development set approximately 1 mile west of Ronald Regan Boulevard. Situated near the entrances of the Orchid Ridge, Santa Rita and MorningStar subdivisions, [email protected] will offer retail, restaurant and office space. (Courtesy [email protected])
1. New mixed-use development coming to Georgetown, Liberty Hill area
[email protected] is a mixed-use development set approximately a mile west of Ronald Regan Boulevard. Situated near the entrances of the Orchid Ridge, Santa Rita and MorningStar subdivisions, [email protected] will offer retail, restaurant and office space.
2. Texas Born convenience store coming to Georgetown
Texas Born, a convenience store and quick food operation, plans to open a Georgetown location in June 2021.
3. New Latin restaurant coming to Georgetown Square
Fuego Latino Gastropub relocated from Round Rock and will be located at 708 S. Austin Ave., Georgetown, replacing Greenhouse Craft Food.
4. New restaurant coming to the Georgetown Square, plus more business news
A new restaurant is coming to the Georgetown Square in spring 2021. While it does not have a name yet, the restaurant will replace Burger University on the Georgetown Square.
5. Georgetown's Southwest Bypass officially opens
Williamson County and the city of Georgetown announced the opening of the final 1.5 miles of the Southwest Bypass project May 26.
6. The Yard Milkshake Bar is coming to Georgetown this spring
"We are known for our Instagram-worthy specialty milkshakes, but we want everyone to know we’re bringing a plethora of dessert options,” owner Cheri Johnson said.
7. DATA: Georgetown, Georgetown ISD, Williamson County representative bodies do not reflect population
As the country grapples with institutionalized racism against people of color and with police brutality against Black individuals, Community Impact Newspaper looked into elected officials' races in Georgetown, Georgetown ISD and Williamson County and compared that information to the race breakdowns of those areas' populations.
8. Huddle House now open in Georgetown
Huddle House opened its Georgetown location Dec. 16.
9. Lane closures on I-35 in Georgetown to start Sept. 7
Lane closures on I-35 will be in effect just north of Williams Drive in Georgetown during the overnight hours Sept. 7-10, weather permitting, a news release from the city said.
10. Chet Garner, 'Daytripper' star passionate about restoring historic structures in Georgetown
Chet Garner grew up in Southeast Texas and attended The University of Texas at Austin for undergrad and Baylor University for law school. In 2006, he moved back to Austin, and it was there he wished for a travel show featuring what to eat, see and do in small Texas towns.