Look for the school zones at most of these GISD schools:
- Carver Elementary School, 4901 Scenic Lake Drive
- Cooper Elementary School, 1921 NE Inner Loop
- Ford ElementarySchool, 210 Woodlake Drive
- Frost ElementarySchool, 711 Lakeway Drive
- McCoy ElementarySchool, 401 Bellaire Drive
- Mitchell ElementarySchool, 1601 Rockride Lane
- Pickett ElementarySchool, 1100 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- Purl Elementary School, 1953 Maple St.
- Village ElementarySchool, 400 Village Commons
- Benold Middle School, 3407 Northwest Blvd.
- Forbes Middle School, 1911 NE Inner Loop
- Tippit Middle School, 1601 Leander Road
- Wagner Middle School, 1621 Rockride Lane
- East View High School, 4490 E. University Ave.
- Georgetown High School, 2211 N. Austin Ave.
- Georgetown Alternative Program, 502 Patriot Way
- Richarte High School, 2295 N. Austin Ave.
- Williamson County Academy/Lott Juvenile Detention Center, 200 Wilco Way
School zone speed limits are in effect during the posted hours or when yellow lights are flashing. The fine for speeding in a school zone is $10 per mile over the limit, plus state court costs. This would mean a $100 fine plus $129 in state court costs for driving 30 mph in a 20 mph zone, for example.
State law prohibits the use of a wireless communication device in a school zone during posted hours or when yellow lights are flashing.