1. Lake Travis Pizza opened this spring at 10815 RM 2222, Austin, in the spot previously held by the Zoes Kitchen franchise. Lake Travis Pizza is owned by husband and wife Leah and Mark Mirra and serves New York-style, brick-oven pizzas. The pizzeria has an additional location at 3305 N. RM 620, Austin, in the Four Points region. 512-266-2287. www.laketravispizza.com
2. Marco's Pizza is set to open in mid-June at 6800 West Gate Blvd., Austin. The Ohio-based pizza chain announced in December it would be adding 20 new locations across Texas by the end of 2025. Marco's existing locations in the Austin area include shops in Northwest Austin, Pflugerville, Buda and Kyle. 512-994-1175. www.marcos.com
3. Italian restaurant Pizza Roma is aiming to open June 15 at 10401 Anderson Mill Road, Ste. 108A, Austin, according to owners Nderim and Lindita Lena. Pizza Roma serves pies baked on pizza stones and will have a daily pickup special for customers. 737-300-1003.
4. Salvation Pizza will be opening a new location at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, 3600 Presidential Blvd., Austin, on June 16. The new restaurant will be open daily from 2 p.m.-9 p.m. at Gate 11 in the Barbara Jordan Terminal. This is the third location for the local pizza restaurant, joining others in Austin on Rainey Street and at the Domain Northside. www.salvationpizzaatx.com
5. Show Me Pizza opened at 2809 S. First St., Austin, on April 14. Co-owners Dimitri Voutsinas and Benjamin Demarchelier, who both have experience in the New York restaurant scene, collaborated to open the Neapolitan pizza restaurant that lets customers watch the pie being prepared and cooked via a Twitch stream. The South First Street location was previously the home of the original Torchy's Tacos brick-and-mortar until that location closed in 2019. 512-551-2657; 512-551-2658. www.showmepizza.com
6. Milano Pizza opened its Cedar Park restaurant May 18. The pizzeria, located at 251 N. Bell Blvd., Ste. 117, Cedar Park, serves specialty pizzas, subs, calzones, wings and more. Orders can be placed in person or by phone. The restaurant's first location is on Stassney Lane in South Austin. 512-770-1400. www.milanopizzaaustin.com
7. Domino’s Pizza opened a new Cedar Park location May 24. Located at 115 S. Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 110, the location has delivery and carryout options. The location is offering a $3.99 for one-topping pizza promotion for pickup orders during a limited time, according to franchise owner Mason Burnham. This is the fourth Domino's location in Cedar Park. 737-377-0028. www.dominos.com
8. After several permitting delays, Above Ground Pizza officially opened at 311 FM 306, Ste. 2B, New Braunfels, on June 2. The pizza shop was opened by the owners of Underground Pizza, which closed in New Braunfels. inMarch of 2018. The new restaurant features a wood-burning oven and pizza dough that incorporates a sourdough starter. Fresh salads, grinder sandwiches and calzones are featured on the menu and the pizzas incorporate traditional and unique flavors. 830-310-0551. www.abovegroundpizza.com
9. A new Domino’s Pizza restaurant is on its way to construction at 2211 SH 46, Ste. 103, New Braunfels. The build-out is estimated to be completed July 12 for that store. The pizza chain offers combo deals for carryout or delivery that include pizzas, salads, sides, drinks and desserts. www.dominos.com
10. New owners Samantha and Curtis Whalen took over Pizza Delight, located at 1700 E. Palm Valley Blvd., Ste. 430, Round Rock, on May 3. Menu items remain the same with pizza, beer and wine. The restaurant is also known for serving the community. On the second day of business, the Whalens donated pizza, wings and salad at a Wounded Warrior Project event at the Rock Center in Georgetown. 512-827-3300. www.pizzadelighttx.com
West Lake Hills
11. A new pizzeria, i Fratelli Pizza, meaning “the brothers” in Italian, opened a new location in March at 3736 Bee Caves Road, Ste. 3, West Lake Hills. The franchise location is owned and operated by independent owners, Lee Ann and Michael Haran. 512-329-6036. www.ifratellipizza.com
Lauren Canterberry, Amy Rae Dadamo, Taylor Girtman, Iain Oldman and Trent Thompson contributed to this report.