2. South Austin nonprofit The Human Potential Center will celebrate its 35th anniversary March 1. Located at 2007 Bert Ave., Austin, the center offers programs designed to “tap the creativity, the love and the playfulness of the human spirit.” www.humanpotentialcenter.org
3. Letterpress studio and stationery shop Letterpress Play moved operations to a new location at 2002 S. Congress Ave., Austin, on Feb. 2. The business offers zero waste paper toys, cards, posters and more. To promote health and safety, Letterpress Play offers 30-minute shopping appointments on its website. It was previously located at 2300 S. Lamar Blvd., Ste. 208, Austin. 512-551-3630. www.letterpressplay.com
4. East Austin’s Drinks Lounge plans to open a second location called Little Drinks Lounge in South Austin in March. Located at the Davis SoCo Apartments at 3801 S. Congress Ave., Ste. 116, Austin, the new spot will have “the same neighborhood hangout vibe” as the original East Cesar Chavez Street location, owner Tim Lupa said. It will serve the same cocktail menu as Drinks Lounge, but will have its own food menu. www.drinkslounge.bar
5. South Austin-based food truck Teal House Coffee & Bakery opened its brick-and-mortar location at 2304 S. Congress Ave., Austin, on Jan. 30. The business’s menu includes kolaches, croissants, sticky buns, pies and its signature cinnamon rolls as well as coffee and espresso drinks. 832-577-4336. www.tealhouse.co
6. Word of Mouth Bakery will open a second location Feb. 12 at 1506 S. First St., Austin, at the former location of Seventh Flag Coffee. The new location will begin with the same menu as its original spot at 917 W. 12th St., Austin, but will eventually open with extended hours and a casual dinner menu. www.wordofmouthbakery.com
Editor's note: Additional details were added to the listing for Little Drinks Lounge on Feb. 11.