Town's beginnings stem from lumber and oil
Located along Hwy. 249 between Tomball and Magnolia, the area that makes up present day Pinehurst was originally developed as a frontier outpost in Goodson's Prairie.
Two brothers, William and James Goodson, were the first to come to the area in the first half of the nineteenth century. It wasn't until 1871, with the establishment of a post office, that the specific outpost became known as "Hunter's Retreat," serving as a crossroads of communication between Goodson's, Decker and Tillis prairies.












