According to the city of Tomball, Holderrieth Road from Cherry to Hwy. 249 and Hwy. 249 at Holderrieth Road are the only two roadways that remain impassable in Tomball. Updated road closure information in Magnolia is available from the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
Updated Aug. 27 at 12:45 p.m.
According to the city of Tomball, additional road closures include:
- FM 2978 service road at Hufsmith Road
- 900 block of Lawrence Street
- S. Magnolia Street
- FM 2920 between Telge and Park roads
- 11200 block of E. Main Street
- Hwy. 249 southbound at Alice Road
Updated Aug. 27 at 9:48 a.m.
Heavy rainfall on Saturday and Sunday has flooded several roadways in Tomball and Magnolia. Areas of Tomball and Magnolia have received 10 inches or more of rain since Saturday morning, according to the Harris County Flood Control District.
Spring Creek at Hegar Road in Hockley has received more than 14 inches, and Walnut Creek at Joseph Road in Hockley has received more than 15 inches of rain during that time. Find additional rainfall rates here.
The city of Tomball opened its Red Cross Shelter on Sunday morning for displaced local residents. The shelter is located at Tomball First Baptist Church, 401 Oxford St., and meals, blankets and other services are available.
According to the city of Tomball, flooded roadways include:
- Agg Road at South Persimmon Street
- Street around the Tomball Little League fields
- 1900-2600 blocks of South Cherry Street
- FM 2920 between Calvert and Park roads
- 11200 block of FM 2920
- Flax Court
- 1100 block of South Persimmon Street
- Holderrieth Road at Hwy. 249
- 1500 block of Hicks Street
- 22300 block of Hufsmith-Kohrville Road
- 900 block of Lawrence Street
- Lovett Street at Carrell Street
- Holderrieth Road at South Cherry Street
- 22100 block of Tomball Cemetery Road
- 12900 block of Zion Road
- Cherry Laurel Drive at South Cherry Street
- Hicks Street at Hwy. 249
- 400 block of South Magnolia Street
- Corral RV Park
- 29200 block of Quinn Road
- Peach St. at W. Main St.
- Hufsmith-Kohrville Road at Mahaffey Road
- Hwy. 249 at Spring Creek
- 14128 Buckingham Lane
- Dartford Square at South Cherry Street
- 200 block of West Main Street
- Theis Lane at S. Cherry St.
- 12800 block of Hufsmith Road at Zion Road
- S. Persimmon St. at Lizzie Lane
Several roadways are also impassable in the Magnolia area, according to the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management.
- 41000 block of FM 1774
- Melton Street between FM 1488 and Buddy Riley Boulevard
- Oak Crossing at FM 1774
- Nichols Sawmill Road at Connie Avenue
- 25600 block of Magnolia Pines Drive
- 14700 block of Wildwood Circle
- West Rollingwood Street at Hwy. 249 southbound
- 16800 Boothill Road
- Walnut Creek Road at Stagecoach Road
- Walnut Creek Road at Walnut Creek
- Silver Spur at Hunters Grove
- Indigo Lake Drive at Nichols Sawmill Road
- Nichols Sawmill Road at Walnut Creek
- Nichols Sawmill Road at Winding Creek Lane
- Nichols Sawmill Road at Butera Road
- Baneberry Road at Bob Link Street
- Butera Road at Sunset Lane
- Roberts Cemetery Road at Crooked Creek Road
- Glenmont Estates Boulevard at Rose Circle
- Roberts Cemetery Road at Spring Creek
- Sanders Cemetery Road at Spring Creek
- Decker Prairie-Rosehill Road at Spring Creek
- Decker Prairie-Rosehill Road at Fawnwood Lane
- Peden Road
- Hardin Store Road to Decker Oaks subdivision
- Hardin Store Road at Mill Creek
- Hardin Store Road at Riata Drive
Additional roadways in Tomball could become impassable as rain continues, according to the city. However, these roadways remain open at this time.
- 100 block of Agg Road
- Brown Road at Hwy. 249
- FM 2920 at Hwy. 249
- 800 block of Inwood Street
- 100 block of S. Oak Street
- 400 block of N. Pecan Street
- 600 block of S. Pecan Street
- 100 block of S. Pine Street
- 900 block of Pitchford Road
- Raleigh Creek Drive
- 27100-27600 blocks of Hwy. 249
- 28900 block of Hwy. 249
- 1400 block of Ulrich Road
- FM 2920 in Old Town Tomball
- 500-1600 blocks of E. Hufsmith Road
- Magnolia St. at Clarence St.
- Lizzie Lane
Additional information and emergency notifications will be posted as available on the cities' Facebook pages.