Live Oak $18 million bond passes; Universal City and Cibolo to receive new council members

May 7 election results are unofficial until canvassed. (Courtesy Pexels)
May 7 election results are unofficial until canvassed. (Courtesy Pexels)

May 7 election results are unofficial until canvassed. (Courtesy Pexels)

The $18 million bond for roads, streets and sidewalks in the city of Live Oak passed with 66.88% of votes.

The seven city charter propositions also passed with majority vote. Voter approval for the bond will allow the city to acquire debt and begin the process for the road projects.

Universal City Mayor John Williams will keep his position after receiving 60.41% of votes, with Adam E. Salyer received the remaining 39.59%.

As for Universal City City Council Steven R. Buck took the most votes at 23.63%. Incumbent Paul Najarian took 21.56% of votes and Phil Vaughan received 21%.

Incumbent Beverly Volle received 20.50% of votes and Richard K. Edwards received the remaining 13.31%.



Buck, Najarian and Vaughan will serve as the elected council members when votes are canvassed.

Victor M. Osorio II took the majority of votes for Cibolo City Council District 2 with 82, or 51.90%, of votes with Randy Roberts receiving the other 76, or 48.10%, of votes.

For Garden Ridge City Council Place 5, incumbent Kay Bower will remain in the position after receiving 423, or 56.18%, of votes. Shelby Trial received 330, or 43.82%, of votes.

In San Antonio, the $1.2 billion bond passed, marking the largest bond the city has acquired to date. More information here.

All results are unofficial until canvassed.

By Jarrett Whitener

Reporter, Northeast San Antonio Metrocom

Jarrett joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in September 2021. Prior to CI, he was a staff writer for two papers in North Georgia, the North Georgia News and the Towns County Herald. He graduated from Young Harris College with a degree in Creative Writing in 2020. Jarrett covers education, local government, transportation, business, real estate development and nonprofits in the Northeast San Antonio Metrocom.