According to the Texas Education Agency, the Purple Star Campus Designation recognizes Texas district and charter schools that show their support and commitment to meeting the unique needs of military-connected students and their families.
The designation is awarded every fall, and to be eligible, campuses must designate a campus-based military liaison; create and maintain an easily accessible webpage that includes information for military-connected students and their families; institute a campus transition program for military-connected students; and support a military family assistance initiative.
According to the TEA, selected campuses will receive a Purple Star recognition to display on campus or on the school website and will have their designation featured on the TxSchools.gov webpage.
The following SCUCISD campuses schools received a Purple Star designation for the academic year:
- Samuel Clemens High School
- Norma J Paschal Elementary School
- Dobie Junior High School
- Byron P Steele II High School
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Intermediate School
- Rose Garden Elementary School
The following Judson ISD campuses schools received a Purple Star designation for the academic year:
- James L Masters Elementary School
- Wortham Oaks Elementary School
- Ricardo Salinas Elementary School
- Judson High School
- Rolling Meadows Elementary School