The arrival of fall means pumpkin patches aplenty, and some North San Antonio-area churches, businesses and other places are hosting pumpkin patches that are open to the public this month.
Here are some area pumpkin patches. This list is not comprehensive.
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church: A fall market planned for Oct. 16 and Oct. 17 on church grounds. All proceeds will benefit church community projects. Noon-7 p.m. Oct. 16, 18-23, 25-29; 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Oct. 17, 24. Free (admission). 20523 Huebner Road. 210-497-4200. www.holytrinitysat.org
- University United Methodist Church: Proceeds benefit the student ministry intern program. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, Oct. 10-31 outside the day school entrance. Free (admission). 5084 DeZavala Road. 210-696-1033. www.universitysatx.org
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church: Visitors may also enjoy a photo booth, games and refreshments at the patch. 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (weekdays), 9 a.m.-8 p.m. (weekends), Oct. 10-31. Free (admission). 758 W. Ramsey Road. 210-341-1395. www.holyspiritsa.org
- St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church: Hours for opening weekend of the patch is noon-7 p.m. Oct. 9, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Oct. 10, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Oct. 11. Regular hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 31. Free (admission). 1602 Thousand Oaks Drive. 210-494-1606. www.stmarkevangelist.com
- Milberger’s Nursery: This pet-friendly pumpkin patch is open during business hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Monday through Saturday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday throughout October. Young families may also enjoy a hay maze on site. Children may also ride a "terror train" around the nursery from noon-2 p.m. Oct. 9 and 10. Free (admission). 3920 N. Loop 1604 E. 210-497-3760 www.milbergernursery.com