"We are simply receiving and filing; we are not asking your approval," County Administrator G.K. Maenius told commissioners.
Meeting documents recorded four tax rates for the county the commissioners received. They are listed as follows:
- Effective tax rate: $0.218852 per $100 valuation
- Rollback tax rate: $0.234620 per $100 valuation
- Current tax rate: $0.234000 per $100 valuation
- Proposed tax rate: $0.234000 per $100 valuation
Commissioners also received and filed the proposed effective and rollback tax rates for the Tarrant County Hospital District. Based on the calculations provided by the hospital district, meeting documents recorded these benchmark tax rates:
- Effective tax rate: $0.211266 per $100 valuation
- Rollback tax rate: $0.228051 per $100 valuation
- Current tax rate: $0.224429 per $100 valuation
- Proposed tax rate: $0.224429 per $100 valuation
Because the proposed tax rate is higher than the effective tax rate, which is the rate at which the county would maintain the same amount of revenue as the previous year, for both the county and the hospital district, the commissioners are required to hold two public hearings before the tax rate can be adopted, according to meeting documents. The public hearings will be held Aug. 20 and Sept. 3. Commissioners will adopt the tax rates Sept. 10.