Digital tools move homebuying process online

5 Real Estate Trends to Know in Cy-Fair in 2019
According to Cy-Fair real estate experts, several online resources can be helpful when purchasing a home in the area.

Paperless mortgage closings
House Bill 1217 was signed July 1, 2017, and went into effect one year later, allowing Texas lenders and title agents to make real estate transactions digitally rather than in person. Online companies that offer these services include Notarize, NotaryCam, Pavaso and SIGNiX, among others.

Virtual staging
According to the National Association of Realtors, 83% of real estate agents said staging helps buyers visualize themselves living in a home. Through virtual staging, furniture and decorative elements can be positioned to enhance a home’s features with the use of software tools such as VHT Studios, PadStyler, Roomored, Virtual Staging Solutions and Blue-Sketch.

This article is a part of a series on real estate trends in the Cy-Fair area. View more trends here and stay tuned for more trends to be added throughout July.
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.