- Commissioners deny city of Georgetown wastewater pipeline
The court voted unanimously against allowing the city of Georgetown to build a wastewater interceptor through Berry Springs Park and Preserve on Dec. 18. The city will look into building the pipeline around the park in order to get a pipeline from the Berry Creek Lift Station on Airport Road to the Pecan Branch Wastewater Treatment Plant on FM 971. Read more here.
2. Commissioners reappointed 15 members of Emergency Service Districts
The court reappointed 15 members of various Emergency Service District boards throughout the county. The term will continue until Dec. 31, 2020:
- Thomas Nanninga – Round Rock ESD No. 2
- Jordan Baltazor – Round Rock ESD No. 2
- Dan Hejl – Hutto ESD No. 3
- Irvin Butch Miller – Hutto ESD No. 3
- David Bray – Jarrell ESD No. 5
- Charles Ashby – Jarrell ESD No. 5
- L.D. Cheatheam – Weir ESD No. 6
- Susie Fontenot – Weir ESD No. 6
- Dave Schumacher – Weir ESD No. 6
- James Daniels – Florence ESD No. 7
- Keith Couch – Florence ESD No. 7
- Richard Wilkes – Georgetown ESD No. 8
- Bobby Bunte – Georgetown ESD No. 8
- Robert Avant – Coupland ESD No. 10
- Mike Rinderknecht – Coupland ESD No. 10
3. County 4H students win nearly $7,000 in prizes
Students of Williamson County 4H were recognized Dec. 11 for their accomplishments during the Williamson County Youth Fair. The students competed in categories including needlework, woodwork, cakes and public speaking and took home nearly $7,000 in prizes.
4. Russ Boles appointed to Captial Area Council of Governments General Assembly
On Dec. 11 the court approved replacing Judge Dan Gattis on the Capital Area Council of Governments General Assembly with Precinct 4 Commissioner-elect Russ Boles effective following the Dec. 12 meeting.
5. County judge, commissioner to retire
Williamson County Judge Dan Gattis and Precinct 4 Commissioner Larry Madsen will retire Dec. 31. They will be replaced by Bill Gravell and Russ Boles, respectively. Gattis served for 12 years, while Madsen served for 2 years, replacing Ron Morrison, who died in 2016.