Here's how to buy tickets for the Cy-Fair vs. Langham Creek regional final this weekend

Two Cy-Fair ISD teams will square off in the regional finals after winning their games this past weekend.

For the first time in the district’s history, two Cy-Fair ISD varsity football teams won their regional semifinal playoff games and will meet in a historic match as they each advance to the regional final Saturday, Dec. 9.

Cy-Fair and Langham Creek high schools will go head to head at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium, 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, at 1 p.m.

The Cy-Fair Bobcats have a 12-0 record after defeating Friendswood High School Dec. 1, and the Langham Creek Lobos have an 11-1 record after defeating Kingwood High School Dec. 2.

Cy-Fair, the designated home team in this weekend’s game, defeated Langham Creek 30-21 earlier this season on Nov. 11 to claim the District 17-6A championship. 

The winner of Saturday’s game will advance to next week’s state semifinals.

Presale tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students. They can be purchased at either campus from 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. today and tomorrow or at the Berry Center from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. today and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. tomorrow.

Tickets can also be purchased online at www.cy-fairtix.com until 4 p.m. on Friday. Tickets will be sold at the gate for $12.
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.

At a Sept. 11 practice, Houston Girls Hockey Association teams took the ice to prepare for their first games the weekend of Sept. 17. (Courtesy Houston Girls Hockey Association)
New Houston-area all-girls hockey league set to play first games this weekend, Sept. 17-19

The league was created to give school-aged girls a chance to continue playing hockey through college, since young girls can often feel discouraged playing on co-ed teams, Director of Membership Valory Zeck said.

graphic
DATA: How population changed in Texas counties between census counts in 2010, 2020

Texas added nearly four million people between 2010 and 2020, according to the latest Census data.

Texas-wide public charter school system Harmony Public Schools will offer a full virtual learning option for eligible students. (Courtesy Harmony Public Schools)
Harmony Public Schools will offer virtual learning for K-12 students in Houston, Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress

Schools under the Harmony Public Schools umbrella may offer up to 10% of its student body a full virtual learning option.

The Texas Department of Transportation is planning to install medians along 5.8 miles of FM 1092 from Hwy. 59 to Hwy. 6 in Missouri City. (Courtesy Fotolia)
As FM 1092 median project goes out to bid, some Missouri City Council Members still object

Construction on the project to install medians on FM 1092—also known as Murphy Road—is expected to begin in the winter and last for seven months, according to officials with TxDOT.

The Barn at Frio Grill has food, drinks and live music. (Courtesy The Barn at Frio Grill)
15 live music venues to visit in Cy-Fair

With a growing live-music scene in their own backyard, Cy-Fair residents do not need to travel far to see talented artists perform.

Construction has begun on Elementary School No. 57. (Courtesy Cy-Fair ISD)
5 Cy-Fair developments to follow this fall

Construction is underway on these five local projects.

Q&A: Get to know Bobby Warren, Jersey Village’s newest mayor

Bobby Warren was elected mayor of Jersey Village in May. Check out our Q&A to see what he's been up to and what his priorities are moving forward.

Lambeau's Sports Bar & Grill is now open. (Courtesy Lambeau's Sports Bar & Grill)
Lambeau’s Sports Bar & Grill holds soft opening on Louetta Road

During the soft opening, the eatery will offer full bar service and a limited version of its food menu.

At the Sept. 14 Harris County Commissioners Court meeting, County Administrator David Berry, top left, presents proposed tax rates to commissioners Jack Cagle and Tom Ramsey, Judge Lina Hidalgo, and commissioners Adrian Garcia and Rodney Ellis. (Emily Lincke/Community Impact Newspaper)
Harris County commissioners propose lower tax rates with split vote

While the proposed tax rate is lower than the current rate, tax payers may actually end up paying more since the values of homes statewide increased this year, according to County Administrator David Berry.

Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough tours the COVID-19 antibody infusion center that opened Aug. 16.
(Courtesy Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough on Facebook)
Federal policy change reduces COVID-19 antibody treatment drugs coming to Montgomery County infusion center

A change in how the federal government distributes the monoclonal antibody treatment means a change for regional antibody centers administering treatments.

Water Tree Cypress One opened in July. (Courtesy Water Tree Cypress One)
Water Tree Cypress One now open in Cy-Fair

The business provides pure alkaline water through filtration systems, solutions, refills and portable options.