According to a press release sent out by FEMA, more than 300 positions related to relief efforts are available, with pay ranging from $14 to $37 per hour. All positions are temporary and full-time.
Available positions include the following:
• American Sign Language interpreters
• Auditing clerks
• Certified deaf interpreters
• Civil engineers
• Claims adjusters
• Customer support representatives—multiple languages
• Disability integration advisors
• Geographic information system specialists
• Graphic designers
• Information technology specialists
• Administrative assistants, among others.
The job fair will be held at 1309 Rutherford Lane, Austin, on Saturday, Oct. 28 and Sunday, Oct. 29, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Applicants are expected to bring resumes and prepare to be interviewed. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and can be completed by sending a resume to [email protected], with the subject line “Pre-registration.”
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and will be subject to a background check. For those unable to attend the event, visit www.workintexas.com and search “FEMA” under the “search all jobs” option.