A number of meetings are planned in Spring and Klein this week, including monthly events featuring local law enforcement and government officials. Special events aimed at raising awareness about cancer and homelessness are also scheduled at several locations in the community.
- The Klein ISD regular meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at 7200 Spring-Cypress Road, Spring. The full agenda can be viewed at www.kleinisd.net.
- Tea and Teal will be held Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, 18220 Hwy. 249, Houston. The free event teaches the signs and symptoms of common gynecologic cancers, shares prevention tips, screening tips, information about detection, treatment and research breakthroughs. The event also includes giveaways, a tea bar and a complimentary light dinner. The event is held at the Swadesh Khurana Healing Garden, located in the North Pavilion on the fourth floor. 281-737-2500. www.houstonmethodist.org/events
- The Houston Northwest Chamber of Commerce monthly Government Affairs meeting will host Texas State Attorney General Ken Paxton at the Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Conference Center, 18220 Hwy. 249, Houston, at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. 281-440-4160. www.houstonnwchamber.org
- Spring Klein Chamber of Commerce hosts Coffee With a Cop on Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. at the McDonald’s location at 5827 FM 2920, Spring. The monthly event gives residents an opportunity to ask questions and interact with local law enforcement. 281-257-9559. www.springkleinchamber.org
- A new Guitar Center store will open in the Willowbrook area on Thursday, at Jones Road and Hwy. 249. The music retailer sells guitars, keyboards, drums, music performance and recording equipment. www.guitarcenter.com
- Northwoods Presbyterian Church plans a community outreach forum at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to discuss the homeless problem in northwest Houston along the FM 1960 corridor. This event gathers several leaders who work with homeless issues on a daily basis to speak on the situation and present viewpoints on how to help. Northwoods Presbyterian Church, 3320 FM 1960 W., Houston. 281-444-8861. www.northwoods.org