Magnolia ISD held its regular board meeting Monday, Sept. 11. Here's what you may have missed.
1. Assistant Superintendent of Operations Erich Morris said the district's enrollment as of the first week of school totaled 28 students more than MISD's 2016-17 total enrollment. The district expects to add 200 students by the end of the year.
2. According to Facilities Executive Director Tim Bruner, construction of Magnolia Intermediate School is set for December 2017 completion. Construction of Bear Branch Intermediate School is set for January 2018, Bruner said.
3. Bruner also said no MISD facility suffered severe flood damage as a result of flooding mitigation efforts completed earlier this year.
4. MISD board of trustees approved applying for a waiver for missed school days from the Texas Education Association. During Hurricane Harvey, the district canceled classes Aug. 28-Sept. 1.
5. J.L. Lyons Elementary is getting a new serving line in its cafeteria this weekend, district officials said. Cafeteria renovations were completed this summer for Willie E. Williams Elementary.