5 things to do in Cy-Fair this weekend, July 21-23

Bluegrass Rising is one of several events planned in Cy-Fair this weekend.

July 21: Hot off the Press

Join the Community Impact Newspaper team in Cy-Fair for the first-ever Hot off the Press event sponsored by Caldwell Companies and Coldwell Banker United, Realtors. Meet the newspaper staff and share story ideas. 4-6 p.m. Free. Boardwalk at Towne Lake, 9945 Barker Cypress Road. www.communityimpact.com/cyfair

July 21: NAWIC’s night of bowling

The National Association of Women in Construction Houston Chapter No. 3 hosts teams of five for an evening of bowling. The event also includes pizza, a cash bar and a raffle. 7-9 p.m. $35 (individual), $150 (team of five). Copperfield Bowl, 15615 Glen Chase Drive, Houston. 713-823-7882. www.nawic-houston.org

July 21: Drum Corps International

The Exsightment of Sound brings Drum Corps International back to Cy-Fair, with both traditional drumming performances and special interactive experiences in between. 7:30 p.m. $30-$55. Cy-Fair FCU Stadium at the Berry Center, 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress. 317-275-1212. www.dci.org

July 21-22: Playhouse 1960 presents “Grease

Cash Shipman directs the romantic comedy musical about high school students living in the 1950s. 8 p.m. $15 (students and seniors), $18 (adult). Playhouse 1960, 6814 Gant Road, Houston. www.playhouse1960.com

July 22: Bluegrass Rising at Kleb Woods Nature Center

Local acoustic and bluegrass musicians gather to play. Noon-4:30 p.m. Free. Kleb Woods Nature Center, 20303 Draper Road, Tomball. 281-373-1777. www.bluegrassrising.net
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.