“We’re undergoing a major project to update the master plan for the park, and we’re at the point where we want to solicit community input,” Mayor Pro Tem Sara Hutson said at a council meeting Dec. 21. “We can update the master plan knowing that it’s something that has a consensus with the citizens.”
The 21-part survey asks residents:
- how often they or their families visit Rollingwood Park;
- the frequency they utilize certain equipment available at the park or exercise at the park;
- to rate by importance potential future renovation projects and current amenities;
- if they would support placing a cell phone tower behind the little league fields; and
- their opinion about how the park is maintained by the city.
The survey was posted on the city’s website Jan. 20 and will be available online for two weeks, Huston said. After results are gathered, the city will hold a special meeting where citizens can talk about any concerns they have about the park’s future, she said.
You can access the park master plan survey here.