Entertainment venues target Cy-Fair

Star Cinema Grill anticipates opening a new movie theater at the Miramesa Town Center around mid-2017. Star Cinema Grill anticipates opening a new movie theater at the Miramesa Town Center around mid-2017.[/caption]

What we reported In July, Movie House & Eatery backed out of its plans to bring a new venue to Cypress Creek Lakes, which was slated to open this spring. Meanwhile, Star Cinema Grill is still moving forward with plans at Miramesa Town Center at the intersection of Fry and West roads.

The latest In December, Star Cinema Grill took over Vintage Park’s Alamo Drafthouse. The company plans to update the Vintage Park theater by adding luxury recliners, push-button service and new decor, according to Vice President Jason Ostrow. The theater is open and screening movies.

What’s next The new location of Star Cinema Grill going into Miramesa Town Center will feature a Sony 4K Digital Projection system, RealD 3-D technology, state-of-the-art sound systems, luxury recliner seating and large movie screens. The theater will provide a contemporary lounge area that will give the community a place to host private and professional events.

This story is one update from The January Issue. View the full list of 10 things to look for here.

By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.