These 4 Cy-Fair ISD teams are going to the playoffs this weekend

The Cy-Fair Bobcats are one of four district teams heading to postseason competition.

Four Cy-Fair ISD high school football teams are heading to the University Interscholastic League state championship playoffs, which starts this weekend. Representing Region III, Cypress Ranch, Cy-Fair, Cypress Ridge and Langham Creek high school teams will take the field Thursday and Friday nights to find out who will advance to the second round of postseason play.

Class 6A Division I

The Cy Ranch Mustangs (10-0) will face the Bellaire Cardinals (5-5) Friday, Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. at the Cy-Fair FCU Stadium, 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress. The Mustangs secured its second consecutive District 17-6A championship when the regular season wrapped up Nov. 5.

The Cy-Fair Bobcats (8-2) will take on the Lamar Texans (9-1) Friday at 7 p.m. at Delmar Stadium, 2020 Mangum Road, Houston.

Class 6A Division II

The Cy Ridge Rams (8-2) will play the Westside Wolves (4-6) Friday at 7 p.m. at Pridgeon Stadium, 11499 Bobcat Road, Houston.

The Langham Creek Lobos (7-3) will meet the Houston Heights Bulldogs (4-6) Thursday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. at Delmar Stadium, 2020 Mangum Road, Houston.

Purchase presale tickets for $5 (students) or $7 (adults) at www.cy-fairtix.com by 2 p.m. on game day. Tickets at the gate will cost $10. Stay tuned and follow the UIL bracket to keep up with weekly matchups. The state championship will take place the third weekend of December.
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.