Pearson Middle School is one of four schools that opened in 2015.[/caption]
• FISD unveiled a new, more user-friendly website on Feb.6.
• Frisco ISD opened four new schools—Norris Elementary School, Pearson Middle School, Trent Middle School and Reedy High School.
Frisco ISD resource officers now wear body cameras.[/caption]
• In June, FISD board of trustees approved the 2015-16 school year budget for $416 million and a three- to five-year strategic plan.
• FISD drafted resolution asking Texas legislators to reduce the number of standardized tests students are required to take.
• In May, Place 3 trustee Chad Rudy was elected to the school board. Place 6 trustee John Classe and Place 7 trustee John Hoxie were re-elected to the school board.
• In August, FISD school resource officers received body cameras and active shooter kits.
• Trustees approved transportation exception guidelines in April providing busing transportation to middle school students who have to cross major roadways to get to school.
Year in Review: Frisco ISD in 2015
By Nicole Luna
Nicole Luna is the Senior Reporter for Frisco. She covers development, transportation, education, business and city government. She has a bachelor's degree in Journalism and Spanish from The University of Texas at Arlington and has been with Community Impact Newspaper since June 2015.