Leander ISD released dates May 26 for high school students to take the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness and End of Course exams this summer.
STAAR and EOC assessment exams are administered three times per year to give students the opportunity to meet the Level II: Satisfactory score, which is the state of Texas graduation requirements. If a student has not met this standard on one or more assessments, LISD requires the students to retake the exam in July.
EOC exams in July will be hosted at Leander High School at 9 a.m. Students must check in between 8-8:45 a.m. and must bring a photo I.D. to check in for the exam. Snacks are allowed and bus transportation is available if needed. Students who are traveling during testing dates may take the exam in any Texas school district and may register for the exam through LISD.
Testing in July will be hosted on the following dates:
• July 6: English I
• July 7: Algebra I
• July 8: English II
• July 9: Biology and U.S. history
LISD is also hosting free review sessions at Leander High School for students prior to the July exams. Students must register for the sessions on LISD’s website and review sessions are hosted from 1:30-4:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• June 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26: English I & II
• June 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, and July 6: Algebra I
• June 16, 18, 23, 25, 30: Biology
• June 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, and July 1: U.S. history
Students and parents may receive more information by contacting their high school campus coordinator.
• Leander High School: Melanie Meyer, 512-570-1023
• Cedar Park High School: Edwina Hayden, 512-570-1215
• Rouse High School: Robert Syner, 512-570-2080
• Vandegrift High School: Tara Stewart, 512-0570-2318
• New Hope High School: Mona Parrish, 512-570-2200