Updated 9:43 p.m. CST

Incumbents Jeff Sawyer and Larry Quick have won the election for the Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District board of directors.

With all precincts reporting, Sawyer received 39.22 percent of the votes, or 2,874 votes. Quick received 33.77 percent of the vote, or 2,474 votes. Challenger Nick McIntyre received 27.01 percent of the vote, or 1,979 votes.

Sawyer said he hopes to continue working to protect residents in the Upper Brushy Creek WCID.

"One thing we have ongoing is a watershed study to ensure we understand how rainfall affects the district," he said. "We are making sure we keep residents safe as we can."

All results are unofficial until canvassed.

Posted 2:38 p.m. CST

In the race for two seats on the Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District board of directors, incumbents Jeff Sawyer and Larry Quick are ahead of challenger Nick McIntyre.

Based on unofficial totals from early voting, Sawyer has 39.06 percent of the vote with 1,921 ballots cast. Quick has 1,709 votes, or 34.75 percent, and McIntyre has 1,288 votes, or 26.19 percent.

The jurisdiction of the Upper Brushy Creek WCID spans much of Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Northwest Austin and Hutto. The district is responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood-control structures in the Upper Brushy Creek watershed in the Brazos River Basin. It also ensures the safety of 23 dams in Williamson County.

Positions on the taxing entity board of directors are elected at-large. The directors are paid $150 per meeting attended not to exceed $7,200 per year. About 85 percent of the district's revenue is used for the capital improvements to the dams, according to the organization. The remaining 15 percent is used for operation and maintenance.

Incumbent Jeff Sawyer said he hopes to continue applying his technical knowledge to help the board modernize dams and update the WCID's district flood-monitoring system.

"It has been a nice way for me to get more involved in the community and to work with some really energetic and bright board directors and staff, project team members, as well as representatives from the local municipalities in the district's boundary," Sawyer said.

Incumbent Larry Quick has been a director on the Upper Brushy Creek WCID since 2005 and served as president since 2010. He said if re-elected, he would like to continue working on three current projects: updating the 100-year flood plain map, rebuilding the dam at Brushy Creek Lake Park in Cedar Park, and to mitigate the flood hazard along Lake Creek in Round Rock.

"We are trying to work through all of these responsibilities that we have," he said, adding that long-term projects would be to work with cities to clear dead trees and debris from dry creek beds and lowering the tax rate, which is 2 cents per $100 of valuation.