The desire to eat health-conscious, locally grown food has become increasingly popular over the years. In Northwest Houston, several farmers markets have continued to sprout up to bring the flavors of local vendors to area residents and visitors. Along with fresh produce, meats and beverages, these markets offer a variety of goods and services and host dozens of events throughout the year.
Apart from allowing visitors to eat healthier, farmers markets play an active role in supporting local farmers and small business owners.
The Farmers Market at Bridgeland
16902 Bridgeland Landing
Second Sunday of every month, year-round
- Aug. 11: Make your own pickles
- Sept. 8: Fall veggie gardening
- Nov. 10 and Dec. 8: Holiday artisan market
Debbie's Garden Farmers Market
20806 Hempstead Road
Wed.–Sun. 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Locavore Farmers Market
11330 Louetta Road
Third Saturday of every month
9 a.m.–1 p.m.
- July 21: Bee hive observation
- Sept. 15: Nutrition and breast cancer awareness
- Oct. 20, Nov. 17 and Dec. 15: Holiday markets