Approved transfer students may attend a school other than the one they are zoned to attend.
LISD staff determine each year which schools will have enough room for transfer students based on enrollment, according to district documents.
The following schools will accept transfer requests. Watch list schools have limited spots available, according to the district.
- Bagdad Elementary School
- Block House Creek Elementary School (watch list)
- Bush Elementary School
- Cox Elementary School
- Cypress Creek Elementary School
- Deer Creek Elementary School (watch list)
- Faubion Elementary School
- Giddens Elementary School
- Knowles Elementary School
- Larkspur Elementary School
- Naumann Elementary School
- Plain Elementary School
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School (watch list)
- River Ridge Elementary School (watch list)
- Steiner Ranch Elementary School
- Westside Elementary School
- Winkley Elementary School (watch list)
- Canyon Ridge Middle School
- Cedar Park Middle School (watch list)
- Henry Middle School (watch list)
- Four Points Middle School
- Wiley Middle School
- Cedar Park High School
- Glenn High School
- Leander High School
- Rouse High School
Fifty-five Running Brushy Middle School students zoned for Cedar Park High School in neighborhood codes 3100, 3200, 3300 and 3400 will be able to transfer to Leander High School, according to district documents.
Twenty-six Henry Middle School students zoned for Cedar Park High School who live in neighborhood codes 2075 and 2200 will be permitted to transfer to Vista Ridge High School.
Other schools, while otherwise closed to student transfer requests, will continue to accept program transfer requests, such as transfers for the IB Programme at Leander and Vandegrift high schools, according to LISD meeting documents.
Additionally, requests for voluntary transfers out of Larkspur Elementary School, which opens this year, will not be approved except for under limited exceptions, according to LISD's website.
Transfer applications will be accepted Feb. 25-March 24, and applicants will hear back about their status by April 19, according to LISD documents.
You can learn more about the transfer process by visiting the district’s website.