<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1toJBIlgQeGPBn4V5Jim-2sZ-HDuz2uo6″ width=”640″ height=”480″></iframe>
The Texas Department of Transportation and Harris County Toll Road Authority announced several lane closures in the Greater Houston area beginning Thursday and continuing through the weekend, according to the Houston TranStar database. Here are five closures to be aware of when making plans for the weekend:
1. I-10 westbound from Eldridge Parkway to Hwy. 6
The inside lane of I-10 westbound will be closed from Eldridge Parkway to Hwy. 6 from 10 p.m. Jan. 12 through 5 a.m. Jan. 15.
2. I-610 South Loop eastbound and westbound from Scott Street to FM-521
The South Loop will be completely closed in both directions from Scott Street to FM 521/Almeda Road from 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 12 until 5 a.m. on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Westbound traffic will be detoured along Hwy. 288 southbound to I-610. Eastbound traffic will be detoured similarly.
3. I-10 East, eastbound from Freeport Street to Magnolia Avenue
Two alternating lanes will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through March 10. The remaining lanes will be open.
4. Beltway 8 North, eastbound frontage road at Aldine Westfield Road
This portion of the frontage road will be closed continuously through Jan. 22.
5. South Sam Houston Tollway, eastbound mainlanes and FM 865 ramp
The eastbound mainlanes of the South Sam Houston Tollway and the entrance ramp from FM 865/Cullen Boulevard will remain closed through 5 a.m. March 31.