Updated 9/18 at 8:32 p.m.
The Texas Department of Transportation has also announced a closure along Hwy. 249 for the northbound U-turn lane at FM 2920. The U-turn lane will be closed daily 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Friday, Sept. 22.
Updated 9:18 at 12:26 p.m.
Here’s what Magnolia and Tomball residents should know about events and transportation projects this week.
1. Tomball City Council holds its regularly scheduled meeting 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 18, at City Hall, located at 401 Market Street, Tomball. www.tomballtx.gov
2. One middle lane of Hwy. 249 northbound and southbound between Brown and Zion roads is closed daily 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 18, to Tuesday, Sept. 19, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
3. Cypress Tomball Democrats holds its monthly meeting Tuesday, Sept. 19. The guest speaker for this month’s meeting is Harris County Democratic Party Chair Lillie Schechter, who is speaking about the upcoming local elections. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Free. Rudy’s Cantina, 11760 Grant Road, Cypress. www.facebook.com/CyTomDems
4. The public comment period regarding TxDOT’s proposed relief route for FM 1488 ends Friday, Sept. 22. The project proposes a new four-lane highway between the proposed Hwy. 249 route east of Magnolia and existing FM 1488 west of Magnolia. Written comments regarding the relief route can be mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Magnolia ISD’s Livestock Show and Auction is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 22, and Saturday, Sept. 23. The shows feature hog, goat, rabbit, lamb, turkey and steer showings as well as baked goods and a buyers barbecue and auction. 8 a.m. (Fri.-Sat.) Costs vary. Magnolia ISD Livestock Barn, 14350 FM 1488, Magnolia. www.magnoliaisd.org