Several road projects in Tomball and Magnolia are under construction, according to the Texas Department of Transportation, Harris County Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Precinct 2.
1. Harris County Toll Road Authority is working on Phase 2 of the Tomball Tollway extension, which will extend the existing tollway from north of FM 2920 in Tomball to Spring Creek. The four-phase project is in partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation and Montgomery County Toll Road Authority.
Estimated timeline: February 2017-early 2020
2. The FM 1774 overpass from FM 1488 north to FM 1486, which will provide drivers a direct route over the Union Pacific railroad tracks in Magnolia, is under construction by TxDOT.
Estimated timeline: December 2016-third quarter 2019
3. The TxDOT project widens a 2.8-mile stretch of FM 1774 from two to four lanes and add a center turn lane between West Lost Creek Boulevard and FM 149 in Pinehurst.
Estimated timeline: July 2016-September 2018
4. Harris County Precinct 4 plans to add a traffic signal and left-turn lane at the intersection of Hufsmith-Kohrville and Holderrieth roads in Tomball. WadeCon LLC has been contracted to complete the project, and utility conflicts are being addressed.
Estimated timeline: September 2017-late 2017
5. North Eldridge Parkway widening
The Harris County Precinct 4 project, currently in the design phase, will widen North Eldridge Parkway from two to four concrete lanes between Spring Cypress Road and Westlock Drive in Tomball.
Cost: $5.2 million
Funding source: Harris County Precinct 4Copperhead Road construction
6. Copperhead Road extension
The Montgomery County Precinct 2 project proposes a two-lane road connecting Nichols Sawmill and Sanders Cemetery roads north of FM 2920 to divert traffic off residential streets, according to Precinct 2 Commissioner Charlie Riley. Right of way has been cleared for the project, which is funded by the 2015 Montgomery County road bond.
Timeline: October 2017-TBA
Cost: $9.7 million
Funding source: Montgomery County Precinct 2
7. Overpass at FM 149 and FM 1488
The northern portion of TxDOT’s overpass project at FM 1488 and FM 149 in Magnolia is set to open to traffic Aug. 29 with additional lanes opening in mid-November, Magnolia City Administrator Paul Mendes said. The project—which is expected to be fully completed in early 2018, according to TxDOT officials—will allow drivers to cross FM 149 and provides a direct route over the railroad tracks. The project also widens FM 1488 to four lanes with a center turn lane.
Timeline: December 2015-first quarter 2018
Cost: $27.6 million
Funding source: TxDOT
8. Hufsmith-Kohrville Road Segment 6 widening
The project will widen Hufsmith-Kohrville Road between Willow Creek Estates Lane and FM 2920 from two to four concrete lanes. Construction bids were received in June, and the project will be awarded in September. After utilities are relocated, construction will begin.
Timeline: fourth quarter 2017-TBA
Cost: $4.6 million
Funding source: Harris County Precinct 4