Reservations can be made by calling 713-274-4050, and visitors can check in with a staff member upon arriving, said Crystal Simmons, the media relations and communications specialist for Precinct 4, in an email. Areas measuring 6 by 6 feet will be marked off for guests to choose from. Check-in for each event begins at 7 p.m.
Movie titles vary by month with "Little Mermaid" showing in June, "Monsters, Inc." showing in July and "Shrek" showing in August, according to Precinct 4 information.
In addition to a movie, guests can purchase ice cream and snow cones, but no other snacks or drinks will be provided. Craft packs will also be handed out, but guests should bring markers or crayons, glue sticks and scissors for the craft, Simmons said.
Guests are also asked to bring something to sit on, such as blankets or chairs that fit within the 6-by-6-foot space, and are encouraged to bring their own water and snacks, Simmons said.
The schedule includes movie screenings at parks across Precinct 4 in June, July and August:
- Bane Park, 9600 W. Little York Road, Houston: June 16, July 14 and Aug. 4
- Matzke Park, 13110 Jones Road, Houston: June 17, July 15 and Aug. 5
- Burroughs Park, 9738 Hufsmith Road, Tomball: June 18, July 16 and Aug. 6
- Collins Park, 6727 Cypresswood Drive, Spring: June 19, July 17 and Aug. 7
- Lindsay/Lyons Park, 2310 Atascocita Road, Humble: June 22
- Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve, 20215 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston: June 30
- Doss Park, 2500 Frick Road, Houston: July 10
- Pundt Park, 4129 Spring Creek Drive, Spring: Aug. 10