AJ Mass, an interior designer with Floors and Beyond in Tomball, shared what small projects can be done to help spruce up a home.
Simple home projects
1. Paint the walls: Painting walls or adding an accent wall is an easy and cheap way to change up a room.
2. Change the lights: Making sure all the lights and light switches work, changing light bulbs or upgrading fixtures are simple ways to give an update to your home.
3. Do a shower remodel: There are many ways to give a shower an update, from installing a new shower head, adding new tile or replacing the shower glass.
4. Update cabinets: Adding a new coat of paint or sanding down the cabinets and applying a new stain are easy ways to keep existing cabinets but add a new design to them.
5. Fix the small issues: It is good to pay attention to the small details around the home, such as trims and baseboards and fixing any issues or imperfections they may have.
6. Install a backsplash: If a kitchen is looking outdated, a new tile backsplash could be added to enhance the look. A backsplash can add some color or a new design to a kitchen.
7. Upgrade a vanity: Replacing a bathroom vanity and countertop can update the bathroom. This project can also include upgrading the faucet and bathroom mirror.
Floors and Beyond
22955 Hwy. 249, Tomball