The Tomball and Magnolia communities offer numerous volunteer efforts and donation collections.
1. A hurricane relief clothing drive will take place at 19100 Unity Park Drive, Magnolia, on Thursday, Aug. 31, from 1-3 p.m. The drive will be hosted by Montgomery County Precinct 2 Commissioner Charlie Riley, Precinct 5 Constable David Hill, Team Never Quit and Cowboy Dave from 100.3 The Bull. For questions contact Angie Hill Kula at 713-806-7747.
2. Magnolia Apostolic Tabernacle, located at 18235 FM 1488, Magnolia, will be accepting donations Thursday, Aug. 31, from 9 a.m.-5p.m. The church is accepting clothing items of all sizes as well as items for home reconstruction. www.facebook.com/magnoliaapostolic/
3. Magnolia Cowboy Church, located at 23245 Glenmont Estates Blvd., Magnolia, will be taking donations and volunteers Thursday, Aug. 31. Volunteers will help receive and sort the items. Items needed include bleach, cleaning chemicals, gloves, brooms, mops, dustpans, cleaning rags, boxes, tubs with lids, packing tape, duct tape and school supplies. For more information visit the church’s Facebook page.
4. Tomball Bible Church is accepting volunteers. The church is located at 400 N. Walnut St., Tomball. Sign up at www.tomballbible.church/disasterrelief
5. Real Life Ministries Texas, located at 1226 W. Main St., Tomball, will be accepting donations for house reconstruction as well as other donations. www.facebook.com/reallifetexas/
6. Owner Builder Network at 7102 FM 1488, Magnolia, has become a drop-off location for donations that will be taken to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds where all evacuee animals have been taken. The items being requested are cat and dog food, brooms, dust pans, shop vacs, extension cords, non-perishable food items and baby or senior care items. www.facebook.com/OwnerBuilderNetwork/
7. Real Life Church, located at 23845 Hwy. 249, Tomball, is in need of demo volunteers as well as supplies to assist reconstruction crews. These items will be collected at the church on Friday, Sept. 1, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.:
- work gloves, rubber gloves, latex gloves
- dust masks
- commercial heavy duty large trash bags
- box cutters, razor cutters, sheetrock cutters
- crow, pry bars, flat bars
- brooms, dust pans
- wheel barrels
- large commercial box fans
- chalk line markers
- cleaning rags
- floor scrapers
- drills, bits
8. The Goddard School in Tomball will be taking donations and volunteers until Friday, Sept. 8, at noon each day. The donations needed are towels, pillows, blankets, wheelchairs, water, non-perishable food, clothing, shoes, toiletries, infant necessities, first aid items and more. 8522 Princeton Place Drive Tomball. 281-516-2111. For more information view the school’s Facebook page.
9. Iron Summit Gym in Tomball will be accepting donations for its Boxes of Hope collection from Thursday, Aug. 31, to Saturday, Sept. 2. The gym requests baby wipes, diapers, hygiene products, over-the-counter medications (Advil, Aleve), non-perishable goods, Gatorade, water, bandages, towels and rags, blankets, bedding, pet food, collars and kennels. 16121 N. Eldridge Parkway, Ste. 7, Tomball. 251-377-8510.
10. Buzzles Shaved Ice in Tomball will be hosting a Hurricane Harvey relief fundraiser Sunday, Sept. 3. All sales and tips made to Buzzles will go to the Red Cross. The business will also be accepting donations, such as toiletries and nonperishable food, for local food banks and shelters. 425 W. Main St, Tomball. 832-276-4603.