May 11: Help support abandoned animals
Jordan’s Way is a nonprofit dedicated to sharing meaningful animal welfare stories to inspire people to adopt. The organization is embarking on a national tour to visit shelters and help raise money through Facebook Live fundraisers. Jordan’s Way will be stopping to support Magnolia’s Abandoned Animal Rescue in May. Participants can watch the live four-hour stream, show support and donate to the rescue center.
- 5-9 p.m.
- Abandoned Animal Rescue, 32632 Wright Road, Magnolia.
- 281-789-4142. www.facebook.com/aartexas
The Tomball Museum Center is hosting a Kids’ Museum Day for children in second to fourth grades. The event will include a tour of the one-room schoolhouse, and children can make a whirligig, dye a bandana and write with a feather pen. Registration is required. All kids must wear old clothes and be accompanied by an adult.
- 10 a.m.-noon.
- $10. Tomball Museum Center, 510 N. Pine St., Tomball.
- 281-255-2148. www.tomballmuseumcenter.com
The Tomball Methodist Church will celebrate Mother’s Day with a Kentucky Derby-themed tea. Prizes will also be awarded for the best dressed, the best hat and the best table decorations. All proceeds are donated to Love Heals Youth to help foster youth.
- 2 p.m. $5 (4 and younger), $9 (ages 5-12), $18 (over age 12).
- Tomball Methodist Church, 1603 Baker St., Tomball.
- 281-351-1249. www.tomballmethodist.org
The First Presbyterian Church in Tomball is hosting its ninth annual vintage car festival with approximately 50 cars. The event will include vendor booths, indoor and outdoor crafts, face painting, a petting zoo, live entertainment, and barbecue sandwiches for sale.
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- First Presbyterian Church Tomball, 30410 Hwy. 249, Tomball.
- 979-299-4185. www.fpctomball.org
The Symphony North concert will feature winners of the 25th annual young artists competition, Hannah Jeong and Brigham Smith, playing selections. The orchestra will also perform additional music pieces.
- 4 p.m.
- Free (donations accepted). Salem Lutheran Church, 22601 Lutheran Church Road, Tomball.
- 281-803-9127. www.symphonynorth.org
The Ardest Gallery is celebrating student artists by hosting their work. The exhibit will feature various works of art, both 2D and 3D, from students in Montgomery County. There will be a judged show with awards given.
- 4-7 p.m. (May 27), 1-4 p.m. (May 28).
- Ardest Gallery, 903 Honea Egypt Road, Magnolia.
- 832-296-6723. www.ardestgallery.com
The 2 Man Scramble is a two-day golf tournament including a practice round and lunch. Cash prizes will be given to the top four teams. Entry fees must be received before May 24.
- 7:30 a.m. tee time.
- $400 (per team).
- Tomball Country Club, 22303 Walden Way, Tomball.
- 281-351-5102. www.tomballcc.com
Friends of Texas Wildlife will begin its summer camp series three days a week. Sessions run throughout the month. Ages 7-12 can learn about native Texas wildlife and engage in hands-on activities and meet animal ambassadors.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- $150 (daily).
- Friends of Texas Wildlife Education Center, 29816 Dobbin-Hufsmith Road, Magnolia.
- 281-259-0039. www.ftwl.org