- Three northbound lanes of I-45 from Telephone Road to I-69 will close at 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4. Drivers will be able to access direct connectors between I-45 and I-69.
- One lane will open to traffic at 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 6, providing two northbound lanes for drivers.
- Another lane will open to drivers at 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 9.
- One lane will remain closed to traffic through Dec. 1, creating a new three-lane configuration along I-45 for drivers.
- Additionally, the northbound entrance ramp at Scott Street will close at 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4, and will reopen at 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 9.
According to TxDOT, drivers can expect delays and should consider alternate routes this weekend.
- Drivers traveling northbound from I-45 to I-69/Hwy. 288 South can detour to westbound lanes of Loop 610 East, continue northbound on Hwy. 288 and access I-69.
- Drivers traveling northbound from I-45 to I-69 North can detour to eastbound lanes of Loop 610 East, continue onto I-10 westbound and access I-69.
TxDOT's direct connector project between I-45 northbound and I-69 is slated to wrap up in the second quarter of 2019. According to a statement, the project seeks to improve connectivity and reduce congestion in the area. The project includes reconstructing the I-45 northbound to I-69 southbound and northbound direct connectors.