1. A new interior and exterior design and contracting firm, BB Design Contractors, opened in The Woodlands Town Center Aug. 1. The woman-owned business, located at 21 Waterway Ave., The Woodlands, offers services ranging from painting, remodeling and furniture installation to home staging, holiday decorating and landscaping design. 832-691-2797. www.bbdesigncontractors.com
2. A new location of the Força Soccer Club soccer training program is coming to The Woodlands later this year. Under Vanessa Price, the president and a former Rice University soccer player, Força SC recently rebranded its Katy and Westchase locations—formerly franchises of B-Elite Soccer Academy—and will open its third location in The Woodlands this fall.
“We are so excited to kick off the season here in Houston as a new, revamped soccer club,” Price said in a statement. “I’m excited to continue working with young soccer players and provide them with the attention and training needed to become the best players they can be with skills that will help them be successful throughout their life.”
Força SC offers Spanish-style soccer training and competition for children ages 5 to 17. 713-679-9290. www.forcasc.com
3. The fourth Greater Houston-area franchise of Restore Hyper Wellness + Cryotherapy will launch in northern Spring this September. Located at 3550 Rayford Road, Ste. 110, Restore's newest office will offer cryotherapy, IV drip, hyperbaric oxygen and compression therapies alongside other services aimed at detox and improving chronic pain. www.restore.com
4. Cleveland-based Sherwin-Williams plans to open a retail location at Harmony Commons Plaza in Spring later this year, according to NewQuest Properties. The new store, expected to open in the fourth quarter, will occupy 4,000 square feet at the Harmony development located off the Grand Parkway at 3532 Harmony Commons Drive, Spring. The global company offers paint and other residential and commercial building supplies. www.sherwin-williams.com
5. Memorial Hermann Health System announced Aug. 18 that hospital executive Justin Kendrick had been promoted as chief executive and senior vice president at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center and Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital. Kendrick previously occupied the role of vice president of operations at the system's Texas Medical Center hospital.
“Justin has provided extraordinary leadership and tremendous support to expansion projects, complex operational challenges, as well as overall hospital operations—particularly during the past several months at the Texas Medical Center Campus and in its response to COVID-19,” Memorial Hermann President and CEO Dr. David L. Callender said in a statement.
Kendrick has worked in the health system for nine years, including time as an administrator at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, and occupied leadership roles in other Texas and California health care organizations. Kendrick replaces executive Josh Urban at The Woodlands Medical Center, located at 9250 Pinecroft Drive, Shenandoah, who now works as the system's senior vice president and president of community hospitals. 713-897-2300. www.memorialhermann.org/locations/the-woodlands
6. The Woodlands-area location of Obstacle Warrior Kids announced its closure, effective Aug. 16, in a Facebook post. The business, located at 27329 Spectrum Way, Oak Ridge North, featured an indoor obstacle course and offered children's classes, parties and camps. www.obstaclewarriorkids.com