The Conroe ISD board of trustees began the process of naming for new campuses, which is set to conclude in June.
CISD Director of Communications Sarah Blakelock presented the campuses that will need named. All suggestions for names will be accepted beginning April 21 through May 14 on CISD’s website.
Among the campuses looking for names are:
- Flex 21, an elementary school located at 2045 McCaleb Road, Conroe, expected to open in August 2022;
- Caney Creek feeder zone junior high school located on Granger Road, which is expected to open August 2023; The new junior high school will act as a replacement for Moorhead Junior High School;
- Moorhead Junior High School, which opened in 2001, is up for a potential name change with the new junior high school;
- Teacher Training Center, located at the Woodforest Bank Stadium property, is expected to open in spring 2022; and
- Virtual school program, which is anticipated to begin in the fall and will service third through ninth grade.
Moving forward, Blakelock said she will be back with submitted names May 18. From there, the board will consider names and discuss naming the buildings at a June 15 meeting.