"Lone Star College continues to monitor this developing situation and is working with local, state and federal authorities to determine what is best for our students and employees,” LSC Chancellor Stephen Head said in a press release.
According to the press release, the schedule is anticipated to go as follows:
- March 23: Online classes that began prior to spring break will resume.
- March 23-April 6: Faculty will convert classes to online where they can. Students will be notified about their classes before April 10.
- April 6-13: Finalize plans for restart.
- April 13: All remaining classes resume, staff return to campus and eight-week classes begin.
- April 15: Fall registration begins.
- May 11: Online mini-semesters begin.
- May 22: Spring semester ends (original date was May 10); eight-week classes end and grades may be submitted.
- June 1: First summer term begins.
Head said additional updates will be provided as circumstances change.