According to a May 20 press release, FBT restarted its commuter park and ride services on a reduced schedule with limited stops to and from the Greenway and Galleria area May 18. Seating capacity in the vehicles has been reduced by 50%.
FBT Park and ride locations are located at:
- University of Houston Sugar Land, 14000 University Blvd., Sugar Land
- AMC Theater First Colony, 3301 Town Center Blvd. S., Sugar Land
- Fort Bend County Fairgrounds, 4310 Hwy. 36 S., Rosenberg
The reduced schedules are available at FBT’s website, and these new schedules will continue until further notice, per the release.
FBT had temporarily suspended its Greenway and Galleria routes April 6 but continued to offer a limited service to the Texas Medical Center and its demand-response service, which allows county residents to prebook rides anywhere in the county.
On April 6, FBT temporarily ceased collecting fares but is set to resume after May 31.
Additional safety procedures FBT has implemented include the following:
- requiring drivers to wear face coverings;
- providing face coverings to riders upon request;
- cleaning and disinfecting buses daily; and
- using online ticket sales.