Flooring and home improvement store iFloors tx to open in Sugar Land

Flooring and home improvement store iFloors tx is preparing to open in Sugar Land in mid-August. (Courtesy Pexels)

Flooring and home improvement store iFloors tx is preparing to open at 3532 Hwy. 6, Sugar Land, in mid-August.

The showroom, owned by Hazem Elshorbagy and Fadi Tuqan, will carry a variety of flooring samples; kitchen, bathroom and home theater displays; security systems; and smart home technology.

The business also offers installation services. 832-267-6213. www.ifloorstx.com

By Claire Shoop

Reporter, Sugar Land/Missouri City

Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

Hand stamping a paper
Check out the 5 latest commercial permits filed in Sugar Land and Missouri City, including a new winery

Kyle City Council voted 6-1 and approved the new citywide trail master plan that will utilize 2020 bond election funds for trails that will help connect Austin to San Antonio. (Courtesy Pexels)
CI Nation roundup: Perfect Game coming to Cedar Park; Kyle City Council approves trail master plan to connect Austin to San Antonio and more top stories

Take a look at the top five trending stories across all of Community Impact Newspaper’s coverage areas as of Sept. 24.

Check out the 5 latest commercial permits filed in Sugar Land and Missouri City

The following permits have been filed in the past week in Sugar Land and Missouri City.

Kids Day Out in Missouri City is just one of several events happening this weekend, Sept. 24-26.
4 Sugar Land and Missouri City events to attend this weekend, Sept. 24-26

One event this weekend is Kids Day Out in Missouri City.

The city’s fiscal year 2021-22 tax rate was approved at the September meeting, with a 1.68% raise from fiscal year 2020-21. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact News)
Sugar Land officials approve 1 cent tax rate increase, $300M budget

The budget focused on community priorities identified in a recent resident poll, including infrastructure, drainage, sidewalks, safety and events.

Comcast will award $1 million to small businesses owned by people of color in Fort Bend and Harris counties (Courtesy Fotolia)
Comcast Rise Investment Fund to award small business grants in Harris, Fort Bend counties

Comcast will award $1 million to small businesses owned by people of color in Fort Bend and Harris counties.

Several parents of New Caney ISD students spoke at the district's Sept. 20 board meetings about recent allegations that a student brought a firearm to Porter High School's Sept. 18 homecoming dance. NCISD Superintendent Matt Calvert stressed that no gunshots were fired at the event, and that the district is investigating the allegations. (Wesley Gardner/Community Impact Newspaper)
CI Nation roundup: Round Rock ISD trustees considered for censuring; New Caney ISD addresses allegations of student with gun at campus event and more top stories

Take a look at the top five trending stories across all of Community Impact Newspaper’s coverage areas as of Sept. 23.

The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office is increasing traffic patrol following in an increase in crashes and fatalities on county roads. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
16 traffic fatalities reported year to date in Fort Bend County, up from 2020

There have been more total crashes, major crashes and traffic fatalities in Fort Bend County so far in 2021 than during the same timeframe last year, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office.

Fort Bend ISD adopted a new, decreased tax rate and amendments to the 2021-22 budget due to the receipt of ESSER funding. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
Fort Bend ISD adopts tax rate, amends budget for FY 2021-22

Fort Bend ISD adopted a new, decreased tax rate and amendments to the 2021-22 budget.

There are eight statewide propositions Texans will get to decide at the polls Nov. 2. (Liesbeth Powers/Community Impact Newspaper)
8 statewide propositions on Texans' November 2021 ballot and what they mean

Brandon Rottinghaus, the University of Houston’s political science chair, breaks down each Texas proposition before voters head to the polls in November.

Redistricting is one of the items on the Texas Legislature's third special session, and the state Senate released proposed maps on Sept. 18. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Texas Senate releases proposed redistricting maps as special session begins

Redistricting is one of the items on the third special session, and the state Senate released proposed maps on Sept. 18.

The H-GAC also helps guide transportation activities through the Transportation Policy Council, according to the council's website (Courtesy Fotolia)
Houston-Galveston Area Council celebrates 55th anniversary

The Houston-Galveston Area Council will be celebrating its 55th anniversary this October.