CVS Health debuts new HealthHub concept at Sugar Land location

CVS said its new HealthHub concept will open at the Lexington location in Sugar Land this month. (Courtesy CVS Health)

CVS Health launched its new HealthHub concept at the 16515 Lexington Blvd., Sugar Land, store in January. According to CVS, its HealthHubs offer a wider variety of health care services than traditional CVS pharmacies. Additional features include a wider selection of health products, more personalized pharmacy support, expanded MinuteClinic services, in-store community programming and a concierge team for customer assistance. CVS announced the Sugar Land HealthHub opening along with 14 others across the Greater Houston area in January.

"Helping people get well and stay well is at the heart of everything we do, and that is the focus of our new HealthHUB stores here in Houston," said Jeffrey Schmidt, CVS Pharmacy's senior vice president, in a Jan. 13 statement. "Customers tell us they want local access to convenient, personalized and integrated health care. Our HealthHUB locations do just that helping to elevate the store into a community-based health care destination where consumers can engage people they trust, who are accessible and knowledgeable, to help bring everything together in a better health experience at a lower cost."

281-980-6666. www.cvs.com​​​​​​​
By Claire Shoop
Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

The DaVinci's Flying Machine is a new attraction at the festival this year. (Courtesy Texas Renaissance Festival)
16 new vendors, safety measures: What to know for the Texas Renaissance Festival's 46th season Oct. 3-Nov. 29

As patrons flock to Todd Mission this fall for the 46th season, here are a few things to know.

From left: Owners Jeff Angell, Jason Dornik, Cody Evens and Heath Cleaver will open DECA Beer Co. in early 2021. (Courtesy DECA Beer Co.)
DECA Beer Co. coming to Porter and more Houston-area news

Read the latest business and community news from the Houston area.

First announced in April 2019, the long-anticipated Willowbrook restaurant will serve the brand's signature hamburgers, shakes and french fries, which will also be available "animal style." (Courtesy In-N-Out Burger)
See the five most popular stories on our website in the Houston area for Sept.

Read the top stories in September on Community Impact Newspaper's website from the Houston area.

Austin, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller and Wharton county judges joined a Greater Houston Partnership panel discussion Sept. 25. (Screenshot via Greater Houston Partnership)
Greater Houston judges discuss COVID-19 management, economic recovery

Leaders from Austin, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller and Wharton counties joined a Greater Houston Partnership panel in late September to discuss COVID-19.

Missouri City allocated $500,000 for its Rental, Mortgage and Utilities Assistance Program. Individual households can be eligible for up to $2,500 per month for two months. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
Missouri City application for rental, mortgage, utilities aid program opens Sept. 28

Individual households can be eligible for up to $2,500 per month for two months in rental or mortgage and utilities assistance. Read more about eligibility requirements and how to apply.

Early voting for the November election, when voters will elect candidates to national, statewide and local positions, begins Oct. 13. Election Day is Nov. 3.
Q&A: Meet Allison Drew, Reggie Abraham, Denetta Williams—candidates for Fort Bend ISD board of trustees, Position 5

Position 5 Fort Bend ISD board of trustee candidates responded to a questionnaire ahead of the November election. Read their answers here.

Early voting in the November election for national, statewide and local races begins Oct. 13. Election Day is Nov. 3.
Q&A: Meet Kristin Tassin, Shirley Rose-Gilliam—candidates for Fort Bend ISD board of trustees Position 4

Hear from Position 4 candidates Kristin Tassin and Shirley Rose-Gilliam on reopening schools during the coronavirus pandemic and other Fort Bend ISD issues.

Amazon 4-star's in-store offerings include books, games, electronics and home products. (Courtesy Amazon)
Amazon 4-star store opens at The Woodlands Mall and more business, community news from September

Read business and community news from September from Community Impact Newspaper's coverage of the Houston area.

Gov. Greg Abbott at a press conference
Gov. Greg Abbott to allocate $171M from CARES Act to help renters at risk of eviction

Gov. Greg Abbott will allocate more than $171 million in renters assistance from the federal coronavirus relief package to eligible Texans.

Menu items include fried, grilled and boiled seafood platters as well as Cajun staples ranging from gumbo and shrimp etouffee to boudin balls and po'boys. (Courtesy The Catch)
Cajun eatery The Catch coming to Willowbrook and more Houston news

Read the latest Houston-area business and community news.

Early voting in the 2020 election starts Oct. 13. Election Day is Nov. 3.
Q&A: Meet Jason Burdine, Angie Hanan—candidates for Fort Bend ISD board of trustees Position 1

Read Q&A's with the candidates on issues, including returning to school during the coronavirus pandemic, the best use of district facilities and a future bond election.

The North Houston Highway Improvement Project proposes re-routing I-45 through the East End and Fifth Ward and expanding it through the Northside. (Nathan Colbert/Community Impact Newspaper)
TxDOT releases environmental report, a pivotal step in I-45 rebuild

The report is one of the final steps before the project rerouting much of I-45 through downtown can begin.