CVS Health debuts new HealthHub concept at Sugar Land location

CVS said its new HealthHub concept will open at the Lexington location in Sugar Land this month. (Courtesy CVS Health)

CVS Health launched its new HealthHub concept at the 16515 Lexington Blvd., Sugar Land, store in January. According to CVS, its HealthHubs offer a wider variety of health care services than traditional CVS pharmacies. Additional features include a wider selection of health products, more personalized pharmacy support, expanded MinuteClinic services, in-store community programming and a concierge team for customer assistance. CVS announced the Sugar Land HealthHub opening along with 14 others across the Greater Houston area in January.

"Helping people get well and stay well is at the heart of everything we do, and that is the focus of our new HealthHUB stores here in Houston," said Jeffrey Schmidt, CVS Pharmacy's senior vice president, in a Jan. 13 statement. "Customers tell us they want local access to convenient, personalized and integrated health care. Our HealthHUB locations do just that helping to elevate the store into a community-based health care destination where consumers can engage people they trust, who are accessible and knowledgeable, to help bring everything together in a better health experience at a lower cost."

281-980-6666. www.cvs.com​​​​​​​
By Claire Shoop

Reporter, Northwest Austin

Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition and in December 2021 moved to Austin to become the reporter for the Northwest Austin edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.