This year, former chair-elect Crystal Molen will serve as board chair, while former board chair Tom Petrick will serve as a board member.
"Tom Petrick served as this board's chair in 2020 and has wisely guided the board through an unprecedented year. He's graciously agreed to stay on the board this year to serve as immediate past-chair," Molen said prior to the swearing-in ceremony. "We will need to rely heavily on his wisdom and vast experience, most particularly in the area of the flood control issues we face as a community. Thank you, Tom, for accepting all the challenges of 2020 head on and providing stellar leadership to the board of directors for the Houston Northwest Chamber of Commerce."
Additionally, Kathie Edwards has left the HNWCC board of directors after four years of service, as she works to expand her business, Westpark Communications L.P., Molen said.
"We want to publicly express our sincere thanks to her for the many hours of her time, her steady wisdom and her generous sharing of resources," Molen said. "We'll miss having you on the board, Kathy, but we wish you the greatest success as you expand your company to other parks of the country."
Edwards' former board position will be filled by Davina Hosick, vice president and commercial relationship manager for Trustmark Bank. According to HNWCC President and CEO Bobby Lieb, Hosick has worked in the banking industry since 1996 and was voted Top 20 Under 40 in 2016 while she was working in Midland. Hosick currently sits on the board of the D. Bradley McWilliams YMCA at Cypress Creek and is a recent graduate of Leadership North Houston.
The 2021 HNWCC board of directors is as follows:
- Board chair: Crystal Molen, CEO of Molen & Associates
- Chair-elect: Ed Ziegler, co-owner of Linder Young Learners Academy
- Treasurer: Scott Davis, CEO of HCA Healthcare Houston
- Secretary: Charles Herd, principal of Herd Law Firm, LLC
- Les Cave, CEO of Northwest Assistance Ministries
- Davina Hosick, vice president and commercial relationship manager for Trustmark Bank
- Carl Little, vice president of operations for Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Tom Petrick, director of the Cypress Forest Public Utility District
- Keri Porter, chief strategist for innovation and research at Lone Star College-University Park
- Daniel Schaefer, chief financial officer of Klein ISD
- Barbara Schlattman, owner of Barbara Schlattman Interiors, Inc.
Honorary board members include Jerry Albrecht, Howard Decker, David McIver, Sam Rhodes, Lou Shirley, Cooper Slay, DeLora Wilkinson and Glenn Wilkerson.