A property owned by The Harbor Church will temporarily serve as a local fire station during the ongoing construction phase of Fire Station No. 2 in Friendswood.
The lease agreement between the city of Friendswood and The Harbor, a nondenominational church in Friendswood, was unanimously approved at Jan. 10 Friendswood City Council meeting.
The temporary station will be located at 1710 Lundy Lane, according to agenda documents. The lease will start Feb. 1 and will end Feb. 1, 2023. As per agenda documents, a temporary parking area and equipment cover will be placed in the area to protect the firefighters and their equipment.
Fire Station No. 2, which is located at 2605 W. Parkwood Drive, is estimated to start its reconstruction in May, as previously reported by Community Impact Newspaper.
The guaranteed maximum price for the project was also presented at the Jan. 10 meeting and ended up being $3.6 million against a $4 million budget. City council unanimously voted to accept the price and authorize Houston-based construction company Christensen Building Group to proceed with construction.