It is a big week for Harris County, where voters are set to decide the fate of a comprehensive drainage bond program. Here are more items to follow this week.
City & county
- The city of Pearland will have its second budget discussion at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, 3519 Liberty Drive. The city is looking to apply the effective tax rate for 2018-19, the rate at which it will collect the same revenue as the year before. The city has also budgeted for more police officers and firefighters next year. Budget documents are open to the public and available at www.pearlandtx.gov/FY19budget
- Early voting ends Tuesday for the Harris County drainage bond. Polls in the general election open at 7 a.m. Saturday and end at 7 p.m. Find voting locations and additional information at www.harrisvotes.com
- The Friendswood Downtown Economic Development Corporation will have a public meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at Friendswood City Hall, 910 S. Friendswood Drive to share updates on the Downtown District Improvement Plan and receive feedback regarding future projects.
- Monday is the first day of school for Pearland ISD.
- The Galveston Bay Foundation will present the Galveston Bay Report Card, a citizen-driven, scientific analysis of the health of the bay, at 10 a.m. Saturday at REI Baybrook, 18750 Gulf Freeway, Friendswood.
- Pearland Bicycles opened earlier this month at 9330 Broadway St., Ste. 422, Pearland, next to Wild Pear Running.