Here’s a look at the week ahead in Pearland and Friendswood.
City & county
- The Galveston County Commissioners’ Court will have a regular meeting at 9:30 a.m. Monday and a budget workshop at 9 a.m. Tuesday at 722 Moody Ave., Galveston.
- Pearland City Council will have a joint special meeting at 6:30 p.m. with the Planning & Zoning Commission to discuss a change in policy that regulates when property owners must bring their buildings and surrounding access and sidewalks up to new codes.
- The Brazoria County Commissioners’ Court will meet at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at 111 E. Locust St., Angleton, for another budget planning workshop.
- A community input meeting for the Harris County flood mitigation bond will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at El Franco Lee Community Center, 9500 Hall Road, Houston. Harris County voters will decide whether to raise property taxes to pay for $2.5 billion in flood projects in August.
- Friendswood ISD has a regular board meeting at 5:45 p.m. Monday and a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 402 Laurel Drive, Friendswood.
- All northbound lanes will be closed on Hwy. 288 from County Road 59 to Broadway Street from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., from Monday to Friday.
- Keep Pearland Beautiful’s Summer Kids Fest will continue Tuesday and Wednesday with a showing of “Despicable Me 3.” Movies will be shown at 10 a.m. at Pearland Premiere Cinema 6, 5050 Broadway St., Ste. 10, Pearland. 281-997-2828.
- The Alvin ISD Book Bus will stop at the Pearland Town Center from 9 to 10 a.m. Thursday.
- Allendale’s Kitchen and Cocktails is now open in Pearland at 5010 Broadway St. The catering service and food truck took over the old Emma’s restaurant location.