It looks like another rainy week is in the forecast, so be mindful of street flooding as you get out and about. Here are some Pearland and Friendswood news items to follow this week.
City & county meetings
- The Brazoria County Commissioners Court meets for a budget workshop at 1:30 p.m. Monday and again at 9 a.m. Tuesday for a regular meeting at the County Courthouse, 111 E. Locust St., Angleton.
- Pearland City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. The agenda includes final approval of two of three proposed bond packages that the city plans to cover through its existing tax base.
- Brazoria Drainage District No. 4 will have a regular meeting at 9 a.m. Tuesday at its office, 4813 W. Broadway, Pearland.
- The Galveston County Consolidated Drainage District will have a regular meeting at 3 p.m. Tuesday at the district’s office at 1605 Whitaker Drive, Friendswood.
- The Friendswood Economic Development Corporation will meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Friendswood Public Library, 416 S. Friendswood Drive, to go over the draft presentation for the next downtown community input meeting.
- Bergamos Retreat will have a grand opening of its newly renovated building in Friendswood on Friday.
- Shop local at Pearland farmers market: The Pearland Farmers Market is hosted by the Pearland Town Center on the second Saturday of the month. Vendors sell fresh vegetables, handmade soaps and lotions, and freshly baked goods. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. 11200 Broadway St., Pearland. 713-340-0712. www.pearlandtowncenter.com