Here’s a look ahead to public meetings, transportation, business updates and other Pearland, Friendswood news.
City & county
- The Galveston County Commissioners’ Court has a regular meeting at 9:30 a.m. Monday at 722 Moody, Galveston. Among other items, commissioners will vote on a proposed burn ban for the county. Brazoria County approved a burn ban last week, citing dry conditions.
- The city of Pearland’s Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a joint public hearing and meeting with city council to review several zoning and permitting items at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Pearland City Hall, 3519 Liberty Dr.
- The Friendswood Downtown Economic Development Corporation will have a board meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Friendswood Public Library, 416 S. Friendswood Drive.
- The Friendswood Planning & Zoning Commission is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at city hall, 910 S. Friendswood Drive. An agenda had not been posted as of the end of the day Friday.
- Hwy. 288 will have a total closure at Loop 610 overnight from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday. There are four more Hwy. 288-connected closures happening this week.
- The first phase of construction along Blackhawk Boulevard in Friendswood begins Monday. The $4.58 million project includes improvements on Blackhawk Boulevard from Friendswood Link Road to Edenvale Street, as well as a sidewalk addition on the east side of Blackhawk from Friendswood Link Road to Edenvale Street. The project is slated to finish by fall 2019, the city said in a release.
- Bergamos Retreat will celebrate the opening of its renovated and expanded facility July 13 at 313 E. Edgewood Drive, Friendswood.