An earlier version of this story stated the incorrect ending date for the early voting period.
Don’t forget to vote: Early voting ends Tuesday in the Pearland City Council runoff. Polls open at 7 a.m. Saturday for regular voting. Early voting times and locations are available on the city of Pearland website.
City & county
- Pearland City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Pearland City Hall, located at 3519 Liberty Drive, Pearland.
- The Clear Creek Watershed Steering Committee will hold a public meeting at 11 a.m. Tuesday at 1605 Whitaker Dr., Friendswood.
- Rep. Ed Thompson (R-Pearland) has organized a forum for residents to speak with officials from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality about the Blue RIdge Landfill odor control plan that was implemented in April. The forum begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Shadow Creek High School.
- The Galveston County Commissioners Court will have a special meeting at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at 174 Calder Road, League City, to take action on proposed bans on fireworks and outdoor burning in all unincorporated areas of the county.
- The Brazoria County Commissioners Court meets twice this week. The commissioners continue their budget workshop discussion at 9 a.m. Monday and will then have a regular meeting at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Both meetings are held at 111 E. Locust St., Angleton. The commissioners may also vote on a fireworks and outdoor burning ban.
- Friendswood ISD will hold its monthly board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday at 402 Laurel Drive, Friendswood, in the board room.
- Alvin and Pearland ISD trustees both have meetings on Tuesday. The Pearland ISD meeting will be preceded by a public hearing at 5 p.m. at 1928 N. Main Street., Pearland. The Alvin ISD meeting will begin at 7 p.m. at 301 E. House Street, Alvin.
- A Costco Wholesale is coming to the Friendswood area next to Baybrook Mall at Jasmine Street and Interstate 45 in Webster, with an expected opening date of Oct. 9.